Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Food and Teething

Tonight I made this great soup, inspired by my friend Chanelle. It was soooo good. My version included an onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, tomato sauce, chicken stock, a can of mixed veggies, some frozen peas, Italian seasoning and a bit of cream cheese. Yum. Even Owen loved it. I may make it every two weeks or so, just throw whatever veggies I have left over from the week in a pot, bake up some bread like I did today, and voila. A delicious (and healthy!) dinner is served.

I also stumbled upon a treasure today. I was making chocolate chip cookies, then realized I was out of vanilla extract. SO I used Toffee Nut syrup (the kind from Starbucks) and they turned out really good. They maybe had a hint of toffee, which I love, but the syrup did add that background sweetness like vanilla extract does. What's that saying, 'necessity is the mother of invention?'

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Owen's bottom molars are coming in. He has his top ones, which he got pretty much without me even noticing. But man, these bottom ones are really affecting him. I think he must be in more pain with these because he has been crabby. And clingy. And whiny. Or at least he has many more crabby moments that he usually does. He's still sweet as can be a good part of the time, but he has these moments where he just acts like he doesn't feel good. Hope these teeth come in soon so I can have my happy, charming boy back full time!

No comments: