Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Catchin' Up

It's been relatively uneventful around here lately. Owen is doing great, and is our constant entertainment. His one year appointment went well, he's 23 lbs (50-75%) and 31 inches (90%). He's just a blast to have around. So affectionate and charming. He's got me wrapped around his little finger for sure.

Pregnancy is going great. I'm getting my energy back, thank goodness. Felt like a zombie there for a while. I never really got sick or nauseous, at least not the throwing up kind. I'm fortunate, I know. We ahve an appointment for our "big" ultrasound on Monday, November 23rd. If you remember, I was a bit of a nervous wreck the day we found out Owen's gender. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.

In other news, I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen lately. Fall is just when I seem to hit my cooking stride. Some recipes have turned out, some haven't. I made this recipe for roasted chicken on Sunday (using this recipe for the rub) and it was amazing - the gravy was delish, especially paired with this recipe for mashed potatoes. Then I made this recipe last night, not so great. Go figure. All the bread I have been making in the bread machine has been really great. I love that thing! I just got a KitchenAid Mixer that belonged to my mom so I'm sure the baking recipes will be kicked up a notch as well. Side note: doesn't it seem like a ton of holiday recipes call for pumpkin of some sort? Am I the only one that doesn't like pumpkin? Or apple cider? Pie? Hmm.

Anyways, I just found my camara cord after searching for it for a few weeks. I can update with pics now! Owen's getting so big, so I have to capture some of his new tricks and such. And I guess it's time to start documenting the baby bump too!

No comments: