Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So long, CBS and Other Random Thoughts

Yesterday was my last day of CBS. I don't know if I've talked about it here before, but I've been doing childcare for CBS (Community Bible Study) for 3 years. CBS is a large group of women from different churches who get together for Bible study on Mondays and Tuesdays and they pay me to care for their children. The boys come with me and I get to meet lots of different people and play with lots of cute kids. It's been a great (though not easy!) experience! I was sad to be done, but Owen will be in preschool this fall when the study starts up again and the schedules won't work out. 

After our very last class yesterday, we headed to Target to get Owen a toy for good behavior. He picked these nerf guns. A pair of sunglasses also caught his eye. He's been wearing my old ones in the car lately for fun so I decided to let him get them. He looks so cute! I wanted to get Austin the same ones in blue but he had his heart set on the green Thomas the Train ones. Oh well. 




This pic is from the other day. Best buds! They're really getting along especially well lately. I think one challenge of having them so close together (19 months) is that they have to share just about everything and they play with the same toys, which can create a lot of conflict! But we're working on the right way to work through disagreements and how to use kind words with each other. Overall they have a lot of fun together. 


On a completely unrelated note, I've been making quite a few recipes from Pinterest lately. I made this one last night. It was pretty good, but too sweet! Maybe it was the Italian diced tomatoes? Anyway, I think this would be really good next time if I replaced the tomatoes with jarred spaghetti sauce. 


I made this Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake for dessert the other night when we had my Uncle Jeff and Aunt Deb and cousins over for dinner. It was edible, if not good, but not good enough to make again. Kinda bland. Too bad, it looks so scrumptious in the picture!


Tonight I'm sticking with my tried and true chicken stir fry recipe. Then I have a hair appointment planned. I'm looking forward to getting out for a bit! Maybe I'll hit up the half of frappuccino deal they have going on at Starbucks...

Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments: