Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Lovely Mother's Day and the Weekend

I had a lovely mothers day. Actually we had 2 reasons to celebrate this weekend because Sunday was also our 6 year anniversary!

So let me back up. 

Friday Ry & I celebrated our anniversary by going out on a date. We hit my faaaaavorite restaurant, Carabbas. I got the lobster ravioli (a splurge) and we shared a yummy dessert and lots of great, relaxed conversation. So happy to spend time with my husband and enjoy him. I can't believe it's been 6 years. 
Here's to 60 more, babe!

(of course I got a picture of the food but not one of me and Ryan. laaaame.)



Saturday we did the usual, hit the gym, grocery shopping, errands. 

Sunday I woke up to Ryan bringing me coffee, a donut, and my Bible in bed. Ahh, it was such a nice morning! After my quite little breakfast I opened my present from the boys. Ryan got me a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores, Charming Charlies. Oh and Owen picked out this necklace for me. He did good! He knows brown is my favorite color :)



After church and a wonderful Mother's Day message, we headed home and after I put the boys down for a nap I headed to the mall all by myself for some shopping. It was sooo nice! I admit I did miss the boys when I walked by the play area :) I enjoyed shopping at Forever21 for a few hours. Of course, when I actually have spending money (thanks, Ry & Dad!), I can't find a thing to buy. I did walk away with one cute top. I think the quite time alone was well worth it though. 


Ruth met me at Starbucks for the last part of my afternoon out and we chatted. So relaxing!

Sunday evening we went to Chris & Tara's along with Doug & JoAnn for more Mother's Day fun. After dinner we let the kids play in the pool. My boys loooooved it. They're water babies for sure. Austin and Lexie have hit a whole new level of friendship. They played together so well all evening. Love this girl!


It was such a nice day spending time with family and getting out for a bit. I'm so grateful for JoAnn, Tara, Ruth, my mom, all the mothers out there who helped shape me and give me inspiration to the be the wife and Mom that God has called me to be. I'm so grateful for my 2 boys who made me a mommy, and for my husband, who does a wonderful job walking beside me in raising them. I am blessed!

No comments: