We just got back from our 39 week appointment. Not too much news to report, unfortunately. the baby is looking good, and it turns out I don't have preeclampsia, which is good news. I'm not quite a centimeter dialated and somewhere around 40% effaced.
Sunday is my due date. I asked the doctor what would happen if my due date comes and goes and we have no baby. The plan is to come in next Monday for an ultrasound and check the baby -size, fluid, movement, things like that. Then we will talk about "helping" move things along. My particular doctor (she's my favorite of many in the office) doesn't seem like she's in any hurry, although she did offer to strip my membranes. Ry's parents are out of town tho so we opted out of that.
I am battling feeling impatient and discouraged at the thought of another week or two of being pregnant and uncomfortable. We are just so eager to meet Owen and hold him and it's hard to wait, but we know God already has Owen's birthday planned out and it is what is best for him. I admit I hope it's sooner rather than later!