Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Owen had his first day of preschool yesterday!

He was SO ready. We drive past the school every day, wave hi, talk about it. So when the big day came, he was up and at 'em at 6am!



Waiting outside of the preschool was HOT. I couldn't get a good picture of him in the sun. 


When it was time to go to class, he just went right in. Didn't even look over his shoulder. 

I admit I was choking back the tears as I carried Austin away. Preschool is only 3 hours a day Monday through Thursday, no big deal, but I was realizing that this marks the beginning of his "school years." And that someone else was looking after and taking care of my baby. And he's growing up and there's nothing I can do about it. 

Austy took it hard too. He starting bawling once we got into the car. You can't tell here, but he's pointing at the school behind us and crying "Owwweeeennnn". 



I didn't quite know what to do with myself when we got home! I did spend some special time with Austin coloring (his love language). 



When we picked Owen up, he came out smiling. The teacher said he did great. Yay!

After school we met Ruth and Luke at McDonald's and had a fun lunch. No pictures; the boys were too busy playing!

The highlight of my day was when I received an email from Owen's teacher about an hour after I picked him up. She sent this picture with the caption "he made his way back to the music table!" Wasn't that sweet of her to send? I thanked her for giving me a glimpse into his first morning at school!



No comments: