Saturday, June 19, 2010

23rd

I had a super fun 23rd birthday on the 15th of this month. We celebrated the weekend before with our good friends Jeff & Ruth. Dad & Lynn came up to watch our kiddos for us! Thanks guys!

Their fabulous gift to me was this lovely necklace of my favorite flower in my favorite color
And this gorgeous watch

Me and Ry
Dinner at Texas Roadhouse and fried chicken for me!
Ruth & Jeff
Got myself an alcoholic drink. If any of you know me, you know this is a rare thing. I absolutely hate the taste of any alcohol. Frankly, I think wine in particular is a mistake and liken it to drinking orange juice that has sat out for 46 days and then is something you're encouraged to "acquire a taste" for. Don't get me started. Anyway, that's just my opinion :) This drink was some type of peachy syrupy drink. Not too bad.
Afterward we all went to see Iron Man 2, which was HILARIOUS. I loved it.

On my actual birthday, which was a Tuesday, we were staying in Gilbert at Doug & JoAnn's house. I got to shop at Charlotte Russe, my absolute favorite store, with my absolute favorite mother in law :) Thanks for the spending money JoAnn! After Starbucks, some major shopping and a major meltdown courtesy of my eldest son, we picked up lunch at Olive Garden to-go. Then after putting Owen down for his nap he promptly climbed out of his pack n play for the first time. No nap for him!

Ryan watched the boys later on so I could visit my mom's grave. We shared a birthday so she was especially on my mind that day. So glad for the chance to just sit and remember her. It was soothing to my soul.

My fam met up later in the evening at Joe's Real BBQ. It was so cute to watch the cousins play :)

I was worn out by the end of the day and went to bed early! Oh well, it was a blast! Thanks to all my friend and family that made the day extra special for me!

No comments: