Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

We had so much fun on Halloween this year. Ryan made Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes so the day started out right!

It's definitely not my favorite holiday (I always say it's a necessary evil to get to the good holidays), but it is fun to dress up, have parties, carve pumpkins, and hand out candy! We keep it simple, fun, don't put much money into costumes (thanks Tara for the hand me downs!) and focus on the fun family aspect. 

Owen was so excited, remembering the fun from last year. And, being in preschool, he was looking forward to his class' Halloween celebration. He went as a Superhero. Not "power ranger", ahem. A Superhero. 


I volunteered in his class for the party and it was toooo cute. Owen did great and had lots of fun. I enjoyed meeting some of his friends and seeing them all interact!

Here's Owen stringing a bracelet. Not Halloween related, haha.

He was showing me some of his favorite things in his class. Here's the "specimen station". Spiders. Oh joy.

Crafts!



I was in charge of the snack table. The kids would smear orange-tinted cream cheese on rice cakes and make a face with candy corn and pretzels. It was quite cute. 


After school was out we went to lunch at Chick fil A. The boys took a nice loooong nap and woke up just in time to get ready for the evening's festivities!

The McFaddens came over to our house. I made a big pot of chili and some cornbread that turned out great. 

Then we got the kids dressed up!

Austin (Spider Man) Owen (Superhero) Luke (firefighter) Joel (dalmatian)





We need to work on our poses a bit more..

Owen totally "got" the whole trick or treating process!




I tried to get some pictures of our group after Nana & Papa and some other friends joined us, but they all turned out pretty dark because of the lighting :(

After trick or treating we headed home to eat some candy and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. 

The boys went to town on the candy. I'm not a "2 pieces of candy" kinda mom come Halloween night ;)



Hanging with the McFaddens! The grandparents stayed for a bit too!


Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm already looking forward to next Halloween!

No comments: