Monday, September 10, 2012

10 on 10

ten on ten button small

I haven't done a "10 on 10" in a while. If you're not familiar with it, it's a fun project where, on the 10th day of the month, you take a photo for 10 consecutive hours. It's fun to find beauty in the ordinary things of life!

You're lucky today, because typically on Mondays I stay home and do housework/catch up from the weekend, so you would have seen 10 consecutive pictures of me doing laundry. Lame. But I had a hold at the library that they would charge me for if I didn't pick it up today, so I just swapped my typical Monday with my typical Tuesday and spent the day out and about!

6:36am. Breakfast for my early riser.

7:59 About to drop Owen off at preschool

8:26 A Starbucks date with Austin

9ish Building at the library

10:55 Quick stop at Trader Joe's

11:15 My view waiting to pick Owen up from school

Skipping 12 o'clock... crazy lunch time/putting the boys down for naps

1:30 Leftover cake calling my name.

2ish Just in case you think it's always roses and rainbows here... Owen woke up cranky today. Back to bed.

4:15 Dinner in the crock pot. (Stir fry veggies and turkey meatballs over brown rice)

5:30 Zumba with Ruth!

7pm Bath time to end the day. 


I love having these 10 on 10's to look back on. To think "oh yeah, that was what a normal day looked like when the boys were 2 and 3", or "I forgot the boys took naps at the same time back then". I want to remember and document these regular days so I can look back and see God's faithfulness through every season of my life, through every ordinary day. I truly am grateful to be a mom to these boys and a wife to Ryan. It's my dream come true, and though I often want to bang my head against a wall because it can be so hard, there is so much joy.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

I so hear on capturing just the every day, even though they are long and crazy and just a lot some days. Love the realness of these pictures and yay for little bits of joy!!