Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Merry Christmas





We had a great Christmas this year. Obviously the highlight was having Gavin with us! We kept our schedule as low key as possible, did most of our shopping online. Hooray for Amazon!

We made gingerbread houses


We decorated sugar cookies



And delivered them to our neighbors


Had loads of Christmas spirit



We saw Santa (I KNOW him!)


Made snowman crafts with family




Enjoyed giving and receiving gifts from family and friends 





And talked 374,369,673 times about the true meaning of Christmas - that Jesus came to earth in human form to bridge the gap between man and God. 

On Christmas Day we had plans with my family but sickness struck so about half of our family was able to come. 

On Christmas morning, it was just our little family. Owen was up first. He got to open his stocking and play with it while I prepared breakfast. I made monkey bread for the first time. It was so yummy, I think this might have to be a new tradition!






Here's Austin snuggling with Uncle Jesse while we watched The Santa Clause. He and Dad drove up from Gilbert to spend Christmas evening with us! This is the only picture I took that night because I was too busy playing hostess! 


I can't wait until next Christmas! It is absolutely the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: