Thursday, June 26, 2008

28 weeks

Wanted to update on my 28 week doctor's appointment yesterday. It went very well. I was a little nervous because we had a lot to do at this appointment. The glucose test, a Rhogam injection, and a sonogram. All went well! For starters, the "gross sugary" glucose drink was actually pretty good and tasted like Koolaid. No problems there :). For those of you who know me well, I have a major (clinical) sweet tooth. Next, the sonogram. We got to see baby Owen - so cute! He is head down. We actually couldn't get a very good shot of his face cause his head is snuggled deep into my pelvic bone. No wonder I've had pressure. Sometimes I can't even sit straight up, I have to sit at an angle! That expains it. Anyways, he and my uterus are measuring a week ahead - 30 weeks! The technician suggested he could have had a growth spurt or something, so it doesn't change my due date. Also, the baby is measuring 3 lbs and that puts him in the 70th percentile for weight (I can't believe my baby has a percentile! How exciting!). She also said that babies gain about 5 lbs after week 30, so there's a good chance we'll have an 8 lb baby. Ryan and I were both about 8 lbs so that sounds about right. The Rhogam shot was put off until my next visit and I should get a call with my glucose blood test here in the next few days.

We didn't get very many good sonogram pics cause the baby was wedged pretty deep down there. He's been moving and kicking alot, but not like crazy. I get the feeling he's kind of a laid back baby. Oh, and I've been experiencing some Braxton Hicks too. It is just so surreal to be coming up so close to the baby coming. The doctor even went through signs of preterm labor with me! Insane. I am so eager to meet our baby and am amazed at how time has flown by so far. And from now 'til 36 weeks, I see the doctor every 2 weeks, then it goes to every week until the baby comes. He's been moving and kicking alot, but not like crazy. I get the feeling he's kind of a laid back baby.

As far as an update on me, I'm feeling great. I really really enjoy pregnancy. Ryan always says if all of our pregnancies are as easy and enjoyable as this one, we're gonna have a lot of kids!

I do get tired very easily, but as long as I get my afternoon nap, I'm just fine. Don't have any stretch marks on my tummy yet, maybe I'll get away without any! (Hey, no comments, a girl can dream, can't she?) As for cravings, lately it's been BAGELS and STRAWBERRIES. Not together. I have back pain if I sit wrong or stand too long, but it feels better as soon as I lay down for awhile. I feel the nesting coming on strong...

We still have alot to do in the nursery to prepare for baby. Desk and computer chair to get rid of, books to find a place for, filing cabinet to hide in the closet. Then we can paint, assemble the crib and go from there. We ended up finding the bedding we originally wanted, yay! It's all coming together.

Sorry for the novel. Keep you all updated!

No comments: